ACTORS.LU IS THE ASSOCIATION OF ACTORS IN LUXEMBOURG
Its members are of Luxemburgish nationality, or resident, or part of the national cultural landscape.
Created in 2010 to ensure the visibility of its members, the association has developed a website that has become an indispensable tool for casting directors, directors and producers in Luxembourg and abroad, as well as for its referenced members.
ACTORS.lu is also the umbrella association for professional actors in Luxembourg, whose objectives are to defend the interests of the profession in the various political, cultural and public institutions.
Since 2012, ACTORS.lu has been a member of the D’FILMAKADEMIE, of which it is one of the founding members, together with ALTA (Association luxembourgeoise des Technicien.ne.s de l’audiovisuel), LARS (Association luxembourgeoise des réalisateur.trice. s and scriptwriters), ULPA (Union de La Production Luxembourgeoise), CNA (Centre National de l’Audiovisuel) and FILMFUND, as well as FMAIV (Fédération des Métiers de l’Audiovisuel et de l’Image Virtuelle), FLAC (Fédération Luxembourgeoise des Auteur.e.s et Compositeur.trice.s).
Since 2019, Actors.lu is subsidised by the Ministry of Culture.
Since 2020, ACTORS.lu is a founding member of ULASC (Association Luxembourgeoise du Secteur Culturel) created with ASPRO (Association des Professionnels du Spectacle Vivant), LARS, ALTA and AAPL (Association des Artistes Plasticiens).
The activities of the Actors.lu association are based on 6 main actions:
- It represents actresses/actors and defends their rights and interests with the various political and cultural institutions, both private and public, such as the Ministry of Culture or the FilmFund Luxembourg
- Thanks to its website which gathers the profiles of the different professional actresses and actors of the Luxembourg scene and to its Newsletter which gathers and disseminates their activities on a monthly basis, Actors.lu offers its members visibility with Luxembourg and international casting directors, directors and producers
- It sets up (in collaboration with ULASC – the Luxembourg Union of Cultural Associations) working groups aiming to improve the status of artists and intermittent workers: introduction of professional insurance, defence of neighbouring rights, defence of exceptional aid in times of pandemics, etc.
- As a founding member of the Filmakademie, Actors.lu sits on the Board of Directors and takes part in meetings and decisions
- Thanks to its Membersletter, it keeps its members informed of news concerning the cultural sector in Luxembourg and of new initiatives undertaken by the association
- It develops and maintains partnerships with other international actors’ structures and offers various training courses and workshops to its members
To have obtained a role in at least 3 productions (supported by the Filmfund Luxembourg or one of the members of the Theaterfederatioun) in the 3 years preceding the application for membership.
Under 26 years of age: have completed a full-time professional training of at least 3 years in an acting school and have obtained a role in 1 production (supported by Filmfund Luxembourg or one of the members of the Theaterfederatioun), a production to be renewed within 2 years of joining actors (otherwise the profile may be withdrawn).
ATTENTION: by « role » we mean substantial role (indicated in the end credits), not extra or silhouette (including speaking).
Profiles on the site are reviewed approximately every 3 years: members who remain inactive for too long, or whose profiles are not updated, or whose photos do not correspond to professional criteria, may be removed.